Thursday, July 30, 2009
my blog isn't a baby anymore.
I had a feeling....so I checked.
And it is, indeed, my blog-o-versary, ya'll! It's been one year of this is not a rough draft! Here's my first post.
I have enjoyed writing this blog so much, although it's not the first one I've had. I know, I know. I am no blog virgin.
In having this blog, I really couldn't write it without you.
I have written a lot of articles that have never seen the light as email attachments or stories that never leave my journal. And frankly, sometimes it's not worth it to tweak wording or look for the themes in life if no one's reading.
What I'm trying to say is, thank you.
Thank you for wandering over here when you could be someone else. Thank you for commenting even when you don't have time. Thank you for reading even if you choose not to comment. Thank You for making me blush when we see each other in real life and you say, "I read your blog!"
Having you here is just another kick in the pants for me--I have these lofty writing dreams waiting in the wings, and I really need to get out there.
In the "getting out there" regard, I had Sharnee make this adorable button to the right. In celebration, can I beg and plead with you to put my button your blog? This is only if you enjoy reading my words and want to send other people over here. When clicking on it, it will send you straight here. And I promise to give you more, updated posts to welcome your clicking-ness. And maybe some cookies. Maybe.
Here's how to add the button if you have Blogger...
1. Copy and paste the html that's in the scroll box. The picture above the scroll box is what will go on your blog.
This is what will show up on your blog:
2. Go to your Blogger dashboard.
3. Click on "Layout."
4. On your "Page Elements" page (what you see after you click on Layout)
5. Choose "Add a Gadget."
7. Paste the copied HTML you got from my scroll box in the Content area. You can also label this with the Title option. Like maybe, "My fabulous, amazing friend, Alison!" or something close to that. Definitely use a positive adjective, preferably two.
8. Click Save.
9. Arrange where you want my button on your page.
10. Click Save in the upper right corner of the Page Elements page.
11. You can then click preview to see it or just go about your merry way!
12. If you've indeed added it, let me know! I would be honored.
Also, I would love to provide a tutorial of how I made the button (sans the art part) if you are designy and want to create your own. Let me know in the comments if you'd like that as well.
I love you guys! Thanks again!
Posted by Alison at 2:51 PM