Monday, February 22, 2010

lazy production



We've had a wonderfully lazy weekend, despite B working most of Saturday (and Sunday, of course) and me crouched over a sewing machine. I'm finally learning how to sew, and I can still hear my mother and grandmother's squeals of joy over this. My fourth official project was a bubble skirt for A, and I used Ruffles and Such ingenious idea of repurposing too-small tights for this. You simply cut off a pair of tights, sew the skirt to the waistband and the bottom, and then make knee high socks out of the rest of the tights! Okay, so maybe it's not that simple. For me, anyway. But I thought it turned out pretty cute, and there's nothing like feeling productive along with a new outfit Sunday morning.


2 comments:

Becky said...

I'm impressed with your sewing. She looks adorable!

Carolyn said...

So cute!